Tuesday, June 03, 2008

ComicsDC leads to 20 minutes of fame

I was interviewed today on video by a middle schooler in Silver Spring. Ellie M. asked me to appear in her class for, quoting Ellie, "the Humanities and Communications Magnet Program at Eastern Middle School in Silver Spring... to appear on "Personal Profiles". "Personal Profiles" is a thirty-minute television show produced live-on-tape by seventh graders in the Humanities and Communications Magnet Program at Eastern Middle School. Each student has the opportunity to host an episode and invite a guest of their choice to interview."

For some reason, Ellie picked me so I drove over to the school early in the afternoon. The kids had three cameras set up to get different filming angles and Ellie had two pages of questions as that she asked as we sat at a little table. Since she found me through this blog, she asked about the writing that I've mentioned on the right side - Hogan's Alley, The Comics Journal, IJOCA, the Comics Research Bibliography and the coming Pekar book.

It was totally cool! And I got a copy of the videotape at the end. These kids were impressive.

Excellent job, Ellie! I predict big things for her.

1 comment:

richardcthompson said...

Post the video, Mike!