Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kal Cartoon news from Romania

From: Kevin Kallaugher
 
Friends and colleagues

I wanted to share with you some recent news I hope you might find of interest.

I have just returned from a very interesting "Cartoon Diplomacy" tour of Romania. It included an exhibition of my work at the National Museum of Contemporary arts as well as lectures to High School and university students, journalists and citizens. We had a great deal of media coverage including a nice piece in Agence France Presse which has had international pick-up.  I include it below.


There is also a video of my opening remarks at the exhibition here:


Also, an exhibition of my cartoons which originally shown in St Petersburg, Russia is now on tour.  It will be opening soon in Kaliningrad, Russia.

Closer to home, here in Baltimore I enjoyed an interesting discovery. A former mayor of Baltimore disclosed recently that a cartoon I penned 20 years ago was responsible for a change in  a city policy. You can read the story here:


March 2013 marks my 35th year with The Economist. To celebrate I am preparing major retrospective book which will be available within the year.

I will keep you posted.

Best

Kal
Kevin Kallaugher

The iKAL iPhone App is now available at the iTunes store.







No comments: