This is making the rounds of the internet... I don't know anything else about it, but it does specifically mention DC.
My company is starting a project that will require us to develop manga-style comics for our client. We already have an excellent manga artist, and now we’re looking for a freelance writer who can translate business stories (esp. positive behaviors in the workplace) into an interesting comic book or graphic novel style narrative.
The general roles and responsibilities would include:
- Work with the project lead to develop potential characters, settings, and general plots
- Create interesting story lines based on information provided by the client
- Interact with the cartoonist to translate the story lines into a comic book
Qualifications for the job are:
- Successful screenwriting, comic, or graphic novel portfolio
- Demonstrated knowledge of global corporate environments (beyond Dilbert)
- Free to work on a 1099 basis
- Available for ~20 hours per week during May-June
- Preference for individuals located in NYC or Washington, DC
- Experience in agency or consulting environment is a plus
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and work samples/portfolio via email to:
Peer Insight LLC