Sunday, April 05, 2009

Award for Dave Astor's 2nd career

Dave writes in that he's "co-won 2nd-place New Jersey Press Association award for my work in the editorial section of The Montclair Times. That's the newspaper for which I write the weekly "Montclairvoyant" topical humor column. Also, that editorial section includes the weekly work of cartoonist M.e. Cohen, whose drawings run on the page opposite to my column." He's at W23 - Packaging the News Product - Editorial Section Layout and Content if anyone wants the exact citation. His daughter Maggie won for a piece on Teenage Drinking in Montclair (see W-19 at the same link).

Dave's latest humor column for the Huffington Post can be found here, but boy I really miss his syndicate coverage for Editor & Publisher. And unfortunately I have the same view of the Yankees that he does.

No comments: