AAEC 2026 Convention Awards and a Coming Change (or Two)
This honor is awarded to a cartoonist for dedicated service to the association and distinguished effort to promote the art of editorial cartoon, as it says on the plaque. But why did I get it? I didn't do nothin’.
After we had judged the Babin Award a couple of months ago, I thought to myself that I didn't hear anything about the Ink Bottle Award for this year. I thought maybe I had just missed it, or maybe we decided to stop doing it. But there was a lot of convention business to handle this year, so I figured I had just missed it or maybe we weren't doing it anymore. But I did think of some cartoonists whom I thought would be worthy of it this year, and trust me, I didn't think I was one of them. I never entertained the thought that I would receive this. Why would I?"
Congratulations, Clay.

No comments:
Post a Comment