Sunday, September 20, 2026

BTW, Edith Pritchett returned to the Post months ago

image.png
Some time ago, I noted that Scottish cartoonist Edith Pritchett had disappeared from the WaPo's editorial pages in Nov 2025. What I didn't note, and should have, was that she returned in March 2026. Her weekly 4-panel cartoon revealed on May 15th that she'd probably been on maternity leave, but she also added a one-panel cartoon that week, getting 2 of the 7 slots on the editorial pages. Ramirez is still a regular with two a week, and then there's usually 1 random cartoonist, and some photos the other days. 

I still don't consider Pritchett an editorial cartoonist, but I enjoy her work and am glad she wasn't part of the great Opinion section purge. In case the Post purges its online archives, I've been sending tearsheets to Billy Ireland Cartoon Library.

Here's a cartoon from June showing that she can get politicalish.

image.png

and one from late August that's more pointed...

image.png


No comments: