Thursday, March 07, 2019

Herblock Prize goes to Matt Davies for the second time

https://www.herbblockfoundation.org/herblock-prize/prize-winners

2019

Winner
Newsday

Matt Davies is the editorial cartoonist for Newsday in NY and has won both the 2004 Pulitzer Prize and the 2001 Robert F. Kennedy Journalism prize. In 2004 he was awarded the first ever Herblock Prize.

In 2017 he received the National Headliner Award and was also a runner up/finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 2011 and 2016.

Finalist
Self Syndicated

My name is Clay Jones and I do things a little differently than other editorial cartoonist.
I am not employed by a newspaper. I am nationally syndicated, but I am not with a
major syndicate. In 2013, I left Creators Syndicate to represent myself. I wanted more
control over my work and for it to be sold individually, not with a package. When editors
subscribe to my work, they're buying just my work.
Since I don't have an employer to scream at me, I don't have to…

No comments: