Friday, July 27, 2018

Billy the Pop webcomic returns

Shamelessly reprinted from his newsletter, and I believe Cole is probably still Arlington's youngest regular cartoonist.

Billy the Pop


July 26th, 2018

Posted: 26 Jul 2018 01:12 PM PDT

Hello, everyone! Yes, it's true; I, indeed, still exist and am still drawing this comic strip. I'm dearly sorry for leaving for so long unannounced. The truth is, due to an abundance of things popping up for me to take care of (largely school and college-related) over the last 2.5 months, I haven't had the motivation I need to maintain a regular posting schedule, and unfortunately drawing Billy strips has fallen to the wayside for me. Don't worry, the strip isn't ending or anything. I still intend to draw and post Billy the Pop throughout this next school year. But I'm going to have to abandon the every-other-day posting schedule I've kept up since 2014. Now I'll be posting on a more when-I-am-able basis, although I'll try to publish at least once a week. I'm sorry to so drastically lower the output of strips like this, but I don't ever want this strip to become a chore for me, and I need to draw when I have the time and enthusiasm for it to make sure it's not a source of stress. I really appreciate y'all for sticking with the strip for this long regardless, and I'll try not to let you guys down!

In happier news, I've been working on putting together the second Billy the Pop book collection! It's going to contain more strips than the first, as well as some nice watercolor illustrations I've been making just for this. It should be available by the end of the summer, so get hyped!

Lastly, happy birthday to my dad and my brother, Leo!




No comments: