Thursday, May 03, 2018

Tom the Dancing Bug comic wins the RFK Award (from his newsletter)

TOM THE DANCING BUG WINS THE ROBERT F. KENNEDY AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN JOURNALISM

April 26, 2018

Https---cdn.evbuc.com-images-30829791-173829852514-1-originalRfk award image

 

Hey, Tom the Dancing Bug won the 2018 Robert F. Kennedy Award for Excellence in Journalism Award.  It's a special honor for me both because of the accomplishments and legacy of Robert F. Kennedy, and also because the award recognizes work in the area of human rights and social justice.

 

I'll be attending the Award Ceremony on May 22 at the Newseum in Washington, DC.

 

I'm especially looking forward to receiving the handsome bust of Robert F. Kennedy, whose stern countenance in my office will no doubt provide a constant reminder for me not to engage in organized crime.

 

As always, I thank my teammates in creating the comic strip, who share this award with me: 

  • Andrews McMeel Syndication, my partner for 21 years, and the many indispensable print clients to whom they distribute Tom the Dancing Bug; 
  • Boing Boing, the fantastic website that made the comic part of its creative, intelligent, and enthusiastic community;
  • Daily Kos, the great political website who I'm so fortunate shares with me their sharp, engaged audience; and
  • GoComics, the best and largest comics website on the internet.

 

And of course, I thank THE INNER HIVE, that superhero team of crime-fighters and evil-defiers who make the comic strip possible month after month, year after year.  In fact, if you've ever thought of joining (or even if you haven't), isn't this the perfect day to climb aboard Tom the Dancing Bug's mission of social justice, truth-telling, giant wombats, and idiotic time-travel?

 

Please join me in THE INNER HIVE here.

 

Thanks to the RFK Center and the judges for this honor.

- R. Bolling


No comments: