Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wash Post apparently doesn't get any favorable letters about comics

Or doesn't run them if it does. In "Your Pique Grows While Your Comics Shrink"
Saturday, December 15, 2007; Page A19, the two letters about the comics read:

My family's peaceful, serene ritual of reading the Sunday morning paper together is in jeopardy. You see, it works this way: My wife gets the front page first, I get the Business section first and the two kids split the Sunday comics. Then the sections are exchanged. Everybody is happy.

Now, in one fell swoop, The Post threatens the very tranquility and quality family time that we've come to cherish every weekend. Whose featherbrained idea was it to "combine the two comics sections into one convenient section"? Convenient for whom? Now our Sundays will be filled with bickering, battling and brawls as my wife and I will be relegated to mediating the battle for the single comics section.

-- Eric Fremont
Fairfax

The Post has made a major error by reducing to squint-size the comics we readers have come to love.

I do not exaggerate when I say that I have had to buy a large magnifying glass to figure out what in the world is going on with the many characters I know so well. And before you dismiss this as the grump of an old fogey, consider that my eyesight is 20/20.

-- Wes Pedersen
Chevy Chase

No comments: