Friday, March 29, 2024

Declan Shalvey visits Wash DC, but didn't let us know in advance

From his newsletter at https://declanshalvey.substack.com/p/144tri-state-dec

On Tuesday I got an early train up to Washington DC where I did more writing and met an old friend for some drinks. On Wednesday I had a little time before my first signing at Third Eye Comics, so I went to visit the International Spy Museum. I've actually listened to many of their YouTube videos over the years due to my obvious interest in espionage stories so it was great to go to the actual building. I had a great time, I was expecting a pretty dry experience but was VERY impressed with how fun and engaging it all was. I was given a cover [Alex Brown, from Sydney Australia] but unfortunately wasn't given an opportunity to bust out my Aussie accent.

I also went to visit the George Washington Monument and the World War II memorial. You yanks sure know how to build monuments, I'll give ye that.

That evening was the signing at Third Eye Comics in Annapolis and OH BOY, did it go well. Line out the door, I was told, and was forced to believe after seeing the below pic.

Go read the rest of his post at https://declanshalvey.substack.com/p/144tri-state-dec

No comments: