Friday, June 19, 2020

Ron Evry talks to Noah Van Sciver about JR Williams

Out Our Way by J.R. Williams (a chat with Evry and Simon)

Jun 12, 2020

Today we have a three-way chat with Ron Evry and Bruce Simon; two knowledgable cartoonists, and the editors of the comics history book series "Hoo-Hah!" The first 3 issues of which were dedicated solely to the life of J.R. Williams, a very notable single panel cartoonist remembered for his cartoons under the title "Out Our Way." Well, after reading all 3 issues of Hoo-Hah plus a solid collection of the Out Our Way panels during quarantine, I asked the fellas if they'd come on and have a chat. I'm very happy that they both gave me the time and that I'm able to host this conversation! With this video, I hope to kick off a new series on this channel I'm calling "Comics Club" in which I'll be joined by collectors, historians and academics to discuss the history of comics and cartooning. I really hope that you enjoy this chat and it gets you interested in the life of J.R. Williams, Percy Crosby, Frank King or maybe ever Maurice Ketten... Please do support Ron and Bruce by picking up their series "Hoo-Hah!" and becoming their reader here: http://ronevry.com/hoohah/

No comments: