Friday, August 18, 2017

August 19: Girls With Slingshots art auction for Monica Gallagher

From Danielle Corsetto's email list:

I'll be at Bmore Into Comics at The Windup Space in Baltimore this Saturday from 1-7, this time in honor of our founder, my Convention Wife* Monica Gallagher, who's currently going through chemo but is still making comics because she's a badass.

*Randy and I have an open polyconventionspouse relationship.


We're doing a silent auction and I'll be auctioning off three derby-themed GWS original strips and the original art for the event poster! Mimi Massacre's first (well, facial) appearance; Thea and Mimi makin' out in a closet; and Mimi tossing her bouquet at her wedding


I'll also be bringing the original art for some of my recent 32 strips so you can see them in person! Strips like the Dream Girl one I just posted. I maaaaayy also start selling them, we'll see! And of course I'll have books and be doing sketches.

So come out and bid on something in the silent auction, write a note to Monica, or just buy yourself a drink at the bar, because a percentage of drink sales will go to benefit Monica as well!

Don't drink? Buy me a cider! (WHAT, it's for Monica.)

If you can't be there but you wanna help Monica from afar, maybe consider pledging to her Patreon account! She's been posting comics about her experience going through chemo, and it's been fascinating to follow.

No comments: