Tuesday, August 06, 2019

ICAF 1999 program booklet now online...


The International Comic Arts Festival was founded in DC by Guy Spielman of Georgetown University and Tristan Fonlladosa of the French Embassy in 1995, building on top of an earlier Georgetown University Manga Symposium. It's changed names several times and now is a traveling show. I met a lot of interesting people and made a lot of good friends when it was regularly held in the area. The schedule information contained in this booklet is already online, along with others, at http://www.internationalcomicartsforum.org/past-icaf-programs.html but I like to present the object, as it were, even if the actualy object is now in a recycling bin.

I'll upload more of them as I recover my comic art vertical files from a basement flood earlier in July when Arlington, and my house, underwent flash floods throughout the county.

The files themselves, or in the case of material that got wet, reasonable facsimiles, will eventually reside at the OSU Billy Ireland Cartoon Library, hopefully.

No comments: