Monday, June 07, 2010

Heroes Con pic of 3 cartoonists, 1 professor and 2 fanboy stalkers.



Dinner at Heroes Con. Left to right: Richard "Cul de Sac" Thompson, Mike "ComicsDC" Rhode, Shannon "G.I. Joe Gallant, Craig "Appalachian State" Fischer, Chris "Crogan's Vengeance" Schweizer and Chris "Cul de Sac webmaster" Sparks. Sparks and I are the fanboy stalkers because Fischer gets paid to do this stuff. The picture is Sparks' and we all had to really overtip the waitress by the time he was done asking her to take it.

10 comments:

Charles Hatfield said...

Good to see, Mike. Hope you had a fantastic time at the show!

Unknown said...

Its an awesome show! RTM Rocks!

richardcthompson said...

It was a great time and this dinner was the peak. Mike, you are a rock and a good friend.

Mike Rhode said...

It was a great time. This dinner had me flat out laughing so much I couldn't stop. Oddly enough, cartoonists are funny in person too. And the food was good. Where the heck were we, anyway?

Craig Fischer said...

I think it was Chris S's suggestion to bring "Whitey the Molester" into canonical Spider-Man continuity that pushed me over the edge. ("Thank you for your proposal, Mr. Schweizer, but--cough--I'm afraid Marvel's decided to get out of the comics publishing business...")

GREAT seeing everybody. And what WAS the name of that restaurant?

nolanart said...

It was good to see you and Richard at the show. Next year maybe I can tag along as fanboy stalker #3.

Take it easy!
Nolan

richardcthompson said...

Captain Touchy.

richardcthompson said...

Zada Jane's. http://www.zadajanes.com/

I went to Google Maps and found it by accident.

Mike Rhode said...

By accident? Were you looking for Captain Touchy instead?

richardcthompson said...

I typed in Charlotte NC restaurants and that was in the first ten. I'm scared to try Captain Touchy.