Thursday, January 22, 2009

Superhuman Resources new comic by NoVa expat

I'm on a borrowed computer because mine got wormed last night (while trying to watch the Inaugural concert on HBO!) so I'm keeping this short. Here's some PR that just came in, along with two interviews with cartoonist Ken Marcus for more background - "Ken Marcus - Super Human Resources," by Christopher Moshier, Dec 3, 2008 and "MARCUS' SUPER HUMAN RESOURCES TEAM," by Jennifer M. Contino, Comicon's The Pulse November 25 2008.


I have a comic due in stores in late February from Ape Entertainment. It's called Super Human Resources. It's about the HR department of the world's greatest super team.

We've gotten a lot of good press (quotes below) But I'd love to know what you think of us. Your blog is a lot of fun. A recent discovery of mine.

What does this have to do with DC? I’m from DC. Northern VA. I’m in Richmond right now.

I would love a mention or review on the blog. I can dream, right?

Thanks so much for your time.
ken


"If you ever had a job, Super Human Resources is FUNNY. If you ever liked superheroes, Super Human Resources is VERY FUNNY."
- Joe Kelly (Spider-Man, Action Comics, JLA, Deadpool.)

"This might be the funniest comic book Man has ever produced. Highly recommended and I give it an A."
Jeff Marsick, Newsarama Best Shots.

"When being funny isn't enough in an industry chock-a-block with genre-humor yarns, what a new series needs is character. And that, sweetly, SHR has in spades. Oh, and the comic is really damn funny."
Dave Baxter, Broken Frontier

"Just when you think all possible avenues of the super-hero genre have been covered and recycled to death, a work like this sneaks on by to yank out your funny bone and hit you over the head with it."
Richard Caldwell, ComicNews.Info

"Super Human Resources is one of the best Indy books I have seen this year and by far the funniest!"
Eric, The Pullbox.com

"It's ridiculous. It's lunacy. It may just be the single most entertaining comic book you'll ever read. And no, I'm not blowing things out of proportion."
Keith, Staff Picks. Diamond Previews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only is this book laugh out loud funny, the entirety of the creative team- Marcus, Bleep, and Nodell, are wonderful people.
In my dimension, that means everything.