Sunday, December 17, 2023

That darn Mutts

At the end of my own tether, I loved seeing this dog freed

Doug Crump, Silver Spring

Washington Post December 16 2023

online at https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/12/15/readers-hamas-prisoners-tokitae-eagles/



The Dec. 9 "Mutts." (Patrick McDonnell/.)

In a world sadly deficient in happy endings these days, I thank "Mutts" creator Patrick McDonnell for giving us a much-needed one in the panels of his beloved strip, with the long-suffering Guard Dog finally winning his freedom and being adopted into a new and caring forever home.

I have particularly had a rough time lately with some tragic events in my life, and even though the comic involves a fictitious character, I find myself looking forward to each new day's strip. It's just the little pick-me-up and tonic I need at this time.


No comments: