Monday, November 26, 2012

Help fund editorial cartoonist Bill Day for 2013

Editorial cartonist Bill Day won the Robert F. Kennedy journalism award here in DC a couple of years ago, but lost his newspaper cartooning job, and then his replacement package deilivery one.  Daryl Cagle is putting together a crowdfunding campaign to put Bill back to work creating cartoons.
 
From: Bill Day:
 
A campaign to help me has been started by Daryl Cagle, my syndication director. Daryl runs Cagle.com, a syndication service that sends my cartoons to newspapers and websites around the world. Daryl is using his blog and a website called Indiegogo to accomplish a set of goals to help me after I lost my job three years ago. I am deeply moved by his desire to help me. If it is possible fo
r you, please join this effort and pass this message around to those who enjoy my work.
 
The site with all the information is: 
http://www.indiegogo.com/billday and Daryl's blog is: www.cagle.com/2012/11/help-us-save-an-editorial-cartoonist/
  
Again, I am very grateful to you for believing in me.

Sincerely,  Bill

No comments: