Friday, September 05, 2008

Harvey Pekar book is in my hand


Metaphorically at least. A box of them - 10 author copies - showed up in the mail today. It finally exists and I can move on. Well, I have to move some of them too - buy it here. But secondly....!

Thanks to the generosity of the Press, which donated two copies, Harvey's going to sign both copies and mail them back to me and I'll sign and bring them to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund table for auction at the Small Press Expo in North (hah!) Besthesda this fall. This whole project started when Harvey was at the SPX and they needed someone to interview him, and that person turned out to be me. So I'll pay the CBLDF back a little bit with these books.

That'll be the super-collectible edition, limited to two.

5 comments:

SARosenberg said...

It's nice to finally see book is out. I can't wait to see it. Congrats Mike!

Mike Rhode said...

Is this Scott Rosenberg? If so, I tried to email you, but don't have a good address - your interview is in the book and you should be getting your copy soon, I hope. Thanks again!

BTW, Harvey picked the cover photo, not me.

richardcthompson said...

Congrats, Mike, and hope you're enjoying that new book smell. The cover photo alone should guarantee that it flies off the shelves.

chris @ CindyCenter.com Podcast said...

That is very cool. I am looking forward to buying a copy.

Matt D. said...

Very cool! Congrats, Mike! I gotta dig up the photo of Harvey and my little boy at SPX to show you. It was pretty funny: Adam was crawling toward Harvey who was sitting in the hallway eating a muffin...and he actually smiled!