Saturday, January 31, 2009

Comic Art Indigene exhibit coming to Washington

Curator Tony Chavarria sent me a note yesterday regarding the Comic Art Indigene exhibit that had been out west:

During its production, we had interest in the show as a traveling exhibition so we designed it to serve in that function. Its first stop will be at the National Museum of the American Indian in Washington DC this March. The opening will be on March 6th and unfortunately that is all the information I have at the moment. Regrettably there is no information on NMAI's website either although this should change as the date comes closer.

When I have more details I will send them on and hope you might have a chance to see the exhibition.

So, this is the first comics exhibit for 2009 that I know of (Herblock should be at LoC later in the year) - I'll be sure to check it out. If anyone wants to do a group visit, chime in on the comments.

No comments: