Tuesday, April 24, 2007

April 25: French and American Politics... in Cartoons! UPDATED

My buddy Rick Banning pointed this out in the new City Paper. The ad reads "Panel discussion featuring cartoonists Jeff Danziger, Ted Rall, KAL and Nick Galifianakis and TF1 correspondent Guillaume Debre. Alliance Francaise de Washington, 2141 Wyoming Ave, NW, Wednesday, 4/25 at 6:30 pm. $12. (202) 234-7911." It's $12 if you sign up today and tomorrow by phone or online. If you show up and buy a ticket for the thing, they charge you an extra $2.

This should be good. I've seen Danziger, Rall and Kal before and they're all entertaining speakers. I think I'll cough up the dough to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, Mike. I was one of the panelists at last night's French gig and was wondering if the fella, Rick Banning, that brought your attention to the event, was also the same guy that showed me an interesting publication on illustration from the UK. I meant to get up with him again, but I kept getting pulled in a million directions.

Thanks for bringing attention to what turned out to be a fun evening.

Cheers,

Nick