Monday, March 12, 2007

TOONS THAT KILL

"Tabloid Newspaper's Cartoon Incites Allegations of Racism", the story the Post ran about St. Mary's Today staff artist William Woodward Jr.'s cartoon of three young black men as bank robbers has legs as AP picked it up. The newspaper has posted ... let us call it a rebuttal... on their webpage. Ladies and gentlemen ... TOONS THAT KILL.

And let's not forget the cartoon itself.

Tempest in a teapot in my opinion, as no one would have blinked twice if this was a movie, but it's nice to see an editorial cartoon pissing off somebody. And I've got to appreciate such a spirit defense of the First Amendment.

1 comment:

richardcthompson said...

Just their webpage almost killed me. I liked the little commercial jingle that goes with it though. But, yeah, the whole thing reminds me of one of those "college paper prints cartoon that insults someone" stories that seem to happen every couple of hours.