Friday, February 02, 2007

Stephen King midnight madness at Big Planet Comics

Big Planet's running an ad in the City Paper saying their Bethesda store will be open at 12:01 AM on February 7th (ie Wednesday morning) for any wanker... I mean hardcore fan... who wants to buy the new Stephen King "Dark Tower" comic, the one that's written by Peter David, not King, that is. I think Marvel is working with one store per area* to have this promo. I have no idea who's getting stuck working the midnight shift either, although there should still be some bars open even if it is Tuesday night.


*read the comment in which Joel corrects me to say that anyone could open early, but he was the only one in the area wise enough to accept the challenge. He and Greg will be manning the register. Stay tuned for further breaking updates, as they break.

1 comment:

Cinco de Mayo said...

The midnight release for Dark Tower was open to all stores, not limited to one per area. I was the only idiot, er, savvy retailer to have it in the DC area. Greg Bennett and I will be manning the register as the hordes descend. We'll be there from 12:01-12:45 to take care of the true believers. Considering the weatherman predicts Tuesday to be the coldest day of the year, I will be thankful for any customers we see.

--Joel Pollack