Saturday, September 14, 2013

This is the best SPX ever

Of course, I say that every year. But this year, with 33% more space is really good. It continues tomorrow.

Here's some pictures.

The pre-opening line
Local cartoonist Mark Burrier
Local cartoonist Mark Burrier and his new comic
Connie Sun and 'Animals doing Yoga'
The Reeds and their new comic
The 'March' authors
Gordon Harris and his new minicomic
R.M. Rhodes
Anders Nilsen
Janet Hamlin, Guantanamo court artist
Carol Tyler
Jay Lynch
Jay Lynch and Frank Cammuso
R. Sikoryak
Kriota Willbert and R. Sikoryak
Peter Bagge
Seth
Rutu Modan
Brian Ralph
Rutu Modan

5 comments:

hagenillustration said...

Correction- "Seth with David Hagen's pointing hand."
Great to see you, Mike, even when you're hopped up on Sudafed and Dayquil>

Mike Rhode said...

I like "The Finger of David Hagen" better. It was good to see you and thanks for the favor of getting a books signed for me. I'm going to try his line again today since I was stunningly successful yesterday and don't need to pick up anything for anyone today.

Fortran said...

33% more space, yes, but it felt like 50% more people! There went my brief hope the floor would be less crowded!

Still, glad to see SPX still as or more popular than ever!

Matt Dembicki said...

I didn't get the impression there were more people, at least from where I was exhibiting. The ticket box will tell!

Mike Rhode said...

Matt, I saw one of the organizers on Sunday who said that they had more attendees.