Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wash Post on Wuerker win

 
Wood was one of two Washington area journalists to win Pulitzers on Monday. The other was Matt Wuerker, the editorial cartoonist for Politico, the Arlington-based newspaper and Web site, who won for what the Pulitzer jurors said were "consistently fresh, funny cartoons" that were "especially memorable for lampooning the partisan conflict that engulfed Washington."

"This feels fantastic, to state the obvious," said Wuerker, a finalist for the award in 2009 and 2010. "This is a dream come true."

He added, "I've been cartooning for some 30 years ago, and up until a few years ago, I didn't think anything like this was vaguely possible" until he became a founding staff member at Politico.

"I credit the people aboard the good ship Politico," he said. "I would really like to give credit to the glorious orchestra constructed around me."

No comments: