Hey fellow Otaku! Are you looking for a way to meet other geeks while having fun? Check out Anime USA 2013 from September 13–15. Anime USA, affectionately referred to as "AUSA" by fans, is an annual three-day fan-hosted gathering taking place at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park. Here are three reasons you should check it out!
1. Theme! Each year, Anime USA selects a theme for the event. This year's theme is "A Journey Back to Edo Japan". This theme provides a great opportunity for anime fans who don't know much about Japanese history to learn about this significant period and see how modern Japan was shaped. Popular anime series, such as Samurai Champloo, are based in the Edo Period. Throughout the weekend, Anime USA will host a variety of cultural demonstrations, performances and activities. For more advanced fans, Anime USA will be bringing in expert panelists to focus on specific issues of Edo culture and history.
2. Anime USA is friendly and welcoming to all! Time and time again, Anime USA's fans have told them that their favorite thing about event is the friendliness of the staff. Anime USA is managed by a group of all-volunteer fans that love what they do. Anime USA has a big roster of Guests of Honor, such as popular voice actors and Japanese musicians. Anime USA provides a small, intimate settings for fans to meet their favorite voice actor or band. For those looking to mingle, Anime USA offers plenty of space to hang out at locations like the Host Club and Maid Café.
3. Anime USA offers high quality programming and entertainment! There's always something to do without all the waiting at Anime USA. Anime USA offers:
● 5 video rooms with a wide range of subbed, dubbed, blu-ray and live action programming
● 5 normal panel rooms featuring lectures and discussions on a variety of topics
● A dedicated educational and Edo period discussions, learning sessions, and interactive demonstrations.
● A whole library of manga for reading
● An artist show, vendors market, and artists market
● Free concerts featuring domestic and Japanese bands
For the gamers out there, Anime USA hosts plenty of table top, board gaming, arcade, console, LAN, and rhythm game sessions.
Anime USA takes pride in giving each attendee an awesome experience, full of one-on-one conversations, unique entertainment, and interactions with the Guest of Honor. Learn more by checking out http://www.animeusa.org. Even if you only go for one day, you'll have a great time!