Saturday, August 02, 2008

University Press of Mississippi interview on comic book books

The University Press of Mississippi is publishing my Harvey Pekar: Conversations book, which should be available in November according to an email I got from them this week. Here's a good interview with the Press's recent editor: "The Rise of Comics Scholarship: the Role of University Press of Mississippi," by Jeet Heer, August 2, 2008. While I said above that the UPM is publishing "my book," I only did the Pekar book because of Tom Inge whose role at the Press is explained in this article. I offered an interview I did with Pekar to Inge for a book taht I thought somebody would be working on. Rather than taking the interview, he suggested that I do a whole book - showing a lot of faith in me that I hope I will have repaid.

No comments: