Monday, January 12, 2015

Mike Jenkins' Christmas caricature of my wife's oldest friend

Last year, we were having a meal with my wife's best friend Myra and the topic of the cartoonists I know came up. Myra mentioned that she'd like a cartoon of herself, drawn by Bill Watterson. I assured her THAT wasn't happening, but the seed was planted. I turned to the talented Arlington caricaturist Mike Jenkins. Mike draws a daily cartoon on his daughter's lunch bag so I asked him to use that style for a Christmas present.

Here's the result:




Here's Myra and her husband, proudly showing off the cartoon:



No religious insults were rendered in the course of this cartoon.

1 comment:

Cathy Hunter said...

Myra is an event planner for Bethel Univ. and her husband, Jon, sometimes plays the school mascot, hence the drawing of a big stuffed cat.