Monday, March 01, 2010

ACT-I-VATE signing report by comicsgirl

Comicsgirl has a good report on the ACT-I-VATE guys at Politics and Prose up now, so I'm just going to refer you to her site. The only thing I would add is that you can buy a cd recording of the event from the store if you want to hold her picture up and pretend you were there. This may be historically important at some point, like being able to claim you were at the Constitutional Convention.

I took a few snaps too, and when I pull them off the camera, I'll post them here if they're any good.

If anyone local is reading this, P&P has some good remaindered comic-type books. Plenty of copies of Hajdu's 10-Cent Plague, 1 copy of Art Spiegelman: Conversations by my friend Rusty Witek for $5, 1 copy of Stan Lee: Conversations for $5, a bunch of Tomine, and one of the odd Spirit pop-up comics. And the Barnes & Noble on Rte 50 in Fairfax has the Moby Dick pop-up comic while I'm thinking about it.

2 comments:

Eden said...

I also have a photo of Simon and Rachel reading, which would be an appropriate compliment for that part of the CD.

Mike Rhode said...

I'll bet we were all marveling to much when she and Dean were reading Billy Dogma to get the pictures that really should have been taken then.