Friday, January 29, 2010

Cartoonists on the joy of cartoon contests

That title up there is sarcastic, but check out the comments where two local cartoon contests - the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award and the Herblock Award are specifically mentioned - Picking up the tab to enter cartoon contests, by Alan Gardner, January 13, 2010.

BTW, I've been asked to be an RFK judge again this year (mentioned in the interests of transparency), but I was told by one of the previous judges who picked Derf that they had to threaten to not give the award that year if it wasn't given to him - so the judges aren't always in sync with the award-granting organization. I can say that last year the other RFK judges and I took our roles quite seriously and spent hours pouring through a few score portfolios.

1 comment:

richardcthompson said...

I'm still holding my breath for a goddam MacArthur Grant.