Thursday, March 19, 2009

Horrors of War story preview available

Troy Allen writes in:

Switching it up this week. I figured I'd treat you kids to a preview page of "Disposable Heroes," A short story by the Bamn crew. It is slated to be featured in the "The Horrors of War" anthology book, presented by Dr. Dremo's Taphouse (R.I.P.) and the fine people of the DC Conspiracy.

The premise for the short is based on a true life account...but, yes, that is a Star Wars homage that you are seeing below. The story revolves around SPC Sergio Estavia's experience on Christmas during the Iraqi general election. A seeminlgy quiet evening for his convoy gives way to a fiery act of revenge.

Jay did the layouts, David did the final art, and I (me) did the typos. The book is due for an April release and will be available in comic shops around the D.C., Maryland, Virginia.

You can find out more here: http://dcconspiracy.com/

No comments: