Friday, November 07, 2014

Hannah Benbow interview on City Paper blog (with extras)

and here's some material that got snipped by editorial:

What's your favorite thing about DC?
I'd say my favorite thing about DC is seeing all of the monuments and being surrounded by so much history. I use to live in Arlington and had a running route that went through the Iwo Jima memorial, around Arlington Cemetery, across the bridge and past the Lincoln Memorial. It was just such an amazing view.

Least favorite?

benbow catProbably the metro and traffic, although the metro is my prime transportation for travel. The high fares, over crowding and constant weekend maintenance work outweigh the positives. When I do drive, I get so frustrated that I'm probably only driving 5 miles, but it takes 30-40 minutes. Basically flying cars and teleportation need to happen faster in the DC area.



Benbow teen
  

What monument or museum do like to take visitors to?

I love taking friends to the Theodore Roosevelt Island. Since it's a bit off the beaten path from the regular National Mall traffic, it never seems to be overcrowded. It's a great little get away into nature and away from the noise of the city.

How about a favorite local restaurant?

I'd have to say Founding Farmers is probably my favorite. Everything single thing on the menu is melt in your mouth delicious. I also love that they resource local ingredients. Although more a specialty shop, a close second would be Georgetown Cupcake. I have been one of those crazy people who will wait in their line – their red velvet's are worth it!
Do you have a website or blog?

Yes! My website is www.hannamations.com . I do have a blog that I update pretty much daily as well - hannamations.tumblr.com

No comments: