Thursday, May 27, 2010

Heroes Con, Or Stuck Inside of Charlotte with the Cul de Sac Blues Again

Richard and I will be motoring down to Heroes Con next Thursday - I think this is pretty much a go since the schedule posted today says:

June 5 Saturday

3.00 PM

IN CONVERSATION | Richard Thompson
Room 206
Reuben Award -nominated Richard Thompson is widely hailed as one of the most talented cartoonists working today. From his strip Cul de Sac to his Richard's Poor Almanac humor strip to his illustrations for the New Yorker, the Washington Post, and more, he's a fascinating creator. Tom Spurgeon sits down to talk with Richard in this informal conversation.


Presumably I'll be the table monkey and miss it again.

Shannon "G.I. Joe" Gallant is also going down from DC. My buddy Craig Fischer's doing his thing again too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dont be blue! Hard Cider will cure that! Thats your fave?

Mike Rhode said...

That is in fact, with two Rhinos under the belt last night. A local Irish pub chain stocks Magners so I tried that for the first time last week - pretty smooth.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Unknown said...

Im bringing a local summer brew to celebrate all the the money from the drawing video! I will have to find something good for you then! Im sure there will eb some yummy cheese too!

I hope Mr Thompson is a good traveler! HAHA!