Friday, May 01, 2009

RFK Journalism Awards reception report

I'm posting this because my wife thinks it's cool.

Last night, the RFK Journalism Awards had a reception for we (us?) judges downtown. Of the cartoon judges, half of us made it - namely Nick Galifianakis and me. The food was excellent and it was a pleasure to talk to Nick and the photo judges (who did their judging the same day we did, but were seemingly more contentious). The part Cathy thinks is cool is that Mrs. Ethel Kennedy was able to stop in and made a point of greeting everyone and shaking their hand and thanking them - which I thought was very nice. To avoid this being a totally content-free post, I will say that she recommended reading The Great Deluge: Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans, and the Mississippi Gulf Coast by Douglas Brinkley which seems like a good idea to me too.

The actual award will be given to Jack Ohman later this month.

No comments: