Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wall-E continues to draw in editorial writers CORRECTED

The Washington Times goes first because I only saw theirs online - "'WALL-E's critics miss point: Pixar films have traditional values," Scott Galupo, Washington Times Friday, July 11, 2008.

The Post also ran one on Friday - "A Robot Who Offers Renewal" by Michael Gerson. Gerson writes, "'Wall-E' is partly an environmental parable, but its primary point is moral. The movie argues that human beings, aided by technology, can become imprisoned by their consumption. ... The pursuit of our rhinestone desires manages to obscure our view of the stars." A valid point, but one I feel a bit conflicted about, given that I am sitting alone retyping this, but also that I'm reaching a larger audience, some of whom have become my friends. (Thanks to alert reader Aziz Gökdemir who pointed out I had my newspapers mixed up!)

No comments: