Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Post censors comics again; punning headline writers despair

Gene Weingarten's July 8th chat reveals that the Post once again censored the comics section, this time Breathed's Opus. Weingarten wrote:

And lastly, HERE is Sunday's Opus. No, that's not the one you saw in The Post, which ran a sub. I believe the editors perceived a racial-ethnic insensitivity.

Bad decision. Nothing wrong with that comic. I really liked the real-world "available now" labeling.


A click on the 'censorship' label below will pull up the other examples for you.

2 comments:

Stopped Clock said...

Looks OK to me. Maybe it was just indecent to have characters dropping their pants?

Mike Rhode said...

I can rarely figure out the Post's decision to suppress a comic strip - fortunately I think, but it does leave me wondering.