Friday, May 02, 2008

Saw Iron Man tonight...

...and it was good. Fanboy city as I went with friends from work. It's a mish-mash of the Stane takeover of Stark International and Armor Wars and a lot of the Michelenie - Layton years which is when I really liked the comic. Robert Downie Jr. makes the movie though - with a less-talented actor, this would have been a snooze.

For the Post's take, see "'Iron Man' Shows Strength of Character," By Ann Hornaday, Washington Post Staff Writer, Friday, May 2, 2008; C01.

1 comment:

Randy said...

I saw it opening day (Friday) as well, and it was a total nerdgasm. I was obviously in good fanboy company based on the oohs and aahs at a number of points in the film that would have only elicited that reaction from those in the know (I won't post spoilers, but you'll know 'em when you see 'em!).

If you didn't see it yet, make sure to stay to the very end. After all the credits. The many, many, many credits...