Sunday, October 29, 2006

Oct 31 - Marjane Satrapi booksigning REPOST

Politics & Prose Bookstore
October 31, 7 pm
Her new book is Chicken with Plums.

Given that it's Halloween, I won't be there unfortunately. She's an entertaining speaker. However, I have ordered a signed copy and an audio cd of the event. These are a nice innovation by P&P - for $7.50 you can get a recording of the talk. I've bought cds of the Attitude 3 group, Scott McCloud and Alison Bechdel in the past 2 weeks. The Feiffer audio was substandard so that's not available.

2 comments:

Von Allan said...

Oh, hey - do you have any definitive knowledge of how to pronounce her first name? I've heard both "Mar-Jan" (on the CBC) but I've also had a few people say it's actually pronounced "Mary Anne."

What's the verdict?!

Mike Rhode said...

I'm not sure - even though I've heard her speak in the past. I was thinking Mar-Jan as your first example, but then I seem to remember being surprised at how she did pronounce it. I'll let you know later in the week when I pick up the audio cd.