Friday, January 31, 2020

The Washington Post has secret comics sections

Last night at Robin Ha's event, I was chatting with Lara Antal who told me her autobiographical comics were appearing in the Post in The Lily.

I had no idea what she was talking about.

Since about 2016! the Post has been publishing Lily Lines a biweekly newsletter for women's issues and commissioning comics for it, starting with Katie Wheeler as the only artist. The feature isn't dated by year, so I'm not sure at the moment when they switched to multiple cartoonists, but there's a healthy selection of people doing strips for them. My friend Ellen Lindner who was also there last night has done a strip too.

You can find all the comics here. I've signed up for the newsletter so will post links when then new strips show up in the future.

Now I have to investigate their other newsletters...

Remember folks - TIPS ARE WELCOME. Tell me if you know of something that's never been mentioned here.

No comments: