Saturday, May 14, 2016

Catching up with animator Marty Baumann

I ran into him the other day at a flea market, so I asked what he's been up to. We've never actually done a ComicsDC interview with him, but he's been featured in some posts.

He was a "graphic artist on Disney's smash hit Zootopia. Watch the interview with the two directors. It's  a hoot!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/You-re-Seeing-Zootopia-Make-Sure-Look-Easter-Eggs-116507.html

The directors begin by noting, "There is signage all over the movie. With crazy amounts of puns. There’s literally hundreds of signs, and the guy who was doing them… he was an uncontrollable pun master. His name is Marty. He’s got a problem! He went bananas. Every sign you see is Marty’s doing. … You will enjoy it."

Also, "I've been very much a part of the "Mystery Science Theatre 3,000" reboot! Some of it hush-hush for now, but it's public knowledge that I've done some set design and I did many of the premiums offered to Kickstarter pledgers including limited edition posters and a set of special astronaut-style crew patches."

101_6292
Marty's work on exhibit a few years ago.

I'm sorry to have missed backing that.


Marty usually has some lovely retro-style material at the Baltimore Comic-Con. I buy one of everything.

No comments: