Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Beeler special edition Osama bin Laden cartoon

In addition to picking up the print Washington Examiner, I get Nate Beeler's cartoons emailed to me and I was somewhat confused to get two sent to me yesterday. In one, "The End of Osama bin Laden," Osama's corpse was the I in Justice, while "Closure" the other, which had been in the Tuesday paper that I picked up, showed Uncle Sam sitting on bin Laden's coffin. Since I hadn't seen the Justice cartoon in the paper, I wrote to Nate and asked about it. He said, "That one was for the late edition we put out special on Monday. The coffin cartoon was for the next day's paper. Both are on the website, of course."

I don't recall the last time I heard about a paper doing a special edition AND having their cartoonist do something for it. Anyone else have an example?

No comments: