Friday, February 12, 2010

PR: Greenwood Encyclopedia of Comic Books and Graphic Novels

I'm a contributor to this - I wrote the Harvey Pekar entry. I think it's a good project - for years I've thought we should have the equivalent of the volumes of Dictionaries of British Cartoonists which give the basic information about the person. This is a good start and I'm noodling over other plans with a knowledgeable person.

...The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Comic Books and Graphic Novels is due out at the end of May. It is now described on the Greenwood website at http://www.greenwood.com/catalog/GR5746.aspx and is up on Amazon as well.

Thanks again to all of you who helped to make this project a reality--I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. And thanks in advance to those of you who will help to make it a success by buying it or recommending it to your university or public libraries.
--
M. Keith Booker

No comments: